Fried Bananas

Fried Bananas
in full sun with purple petunias

Friday, October 28, 2011

Snow in October

Well the first frost we had was accompanied by ice and about a half inch of snow over all the grassy surfaces.  Even the roads became icy last night as this morning's commute was full of accidents.  The Hostas seemed to survive OK, the New Guinea Impatiens melted as I expected.  More snow due tomorrow night, a Nor'easter with 5 plus inches predicted along with strong winds.  Hmm.  That's should put things into dormancy.

Finally got the replacement daffodil bulbs from Eden Brothers.  They sent me an additional 75 Ice Follies daffodils as a means of making up for their mistake last year.  That means I have 125 bulbs to plant this Fall.  I hope that snow melts soon, so that I can get these in the ground.  Here's what it looks like.
Narcissus 'Ice Follies'

No comments:

Post a Comment