Fried Bananas

Fried Bananas
in full sun with purple petunias

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

It's a Rainy Day, it's a rainy day...

It's raining outside so I can't go out and play.   Thus far we have had a little more than 3/4 of an inch of rain, as it's been raining pretty much all day.  I ordered 6 yards of hemlock mulch (3 were delivered today, 3 will come tomorrow) from Whittier Farms in Sutton.  It's bark mulch not organic mulch, but it is local and it's in bulk.  It cost $286 delivered.  So I'll be spreading it over the next few days or more.  I hope that this will cover the SE bed, the NE foundation bed and the White Garden bed with a little left over to add to the front and the Crabapple beds.  I only want about an inch to an inch and a half over these beds.  We'll see if it's enough. 

Got a new shovel at Sears.  It's guaranteed for life, so if I break it digging out a rock, it'll be replaced.  I also looked at the Emerald Green Arborvitae at HD in Oxford.  They're on sale at 50% off and about 5-6 feet tall.  I need these along the fence for a privacy screen.  I will need to borrow a truck to get them here, and I need to figure out how many I need.  They'll be about $14 a piece.  I can hold these until Spring in a holding bed.

Here's a picture of Hosta Stained Glass from yesterday.  Pretty good looking for Oct 18th.  No frost yet.
H. Stained Glass

No comments:

Post a Comment